People ask almost every week about upper arm skin bumps or pimples. You are not alone – it is a common problem. This is a method that may resolve this annoying and sometimes uncomfortable skin condition.
For most, attention to the upper arm when showering or bathing will improve the appearance and feel of the skin. Generally, it is a buildup of dead skin “glued” in place by oils coming from the pores. The buildup on dry skin may just feel bumpy, even get a little red. Others may experience pimples that get inflamed. Most of these conditions itch which is your body’s way to encourage you to “scratch away” the buildup. Here are the general directions we have found works for many to care for this skin:
- First select a gentle, hydrating cleanser or body wash that will aid to soften and cleanse the area. Need a suggestion for products that are effective and affordable – pop me a text or message.
- Next use a washcloth or exfoliating cloth/glove with the cleanser or body wash in a circular motion all over the affected area. Some start with the washcloth, then graduate to an exfoliating fabric – the more sensitive the skin, the gentler the fabric you want to use. First time go gentle on the skin. As you continue to do this daily, you can be more firm.
- Be sure to rinse the skin thoroughly from any cleanser or body wash.
- Some find benefit using their facial toner to normalize the pH of the skin to receive the lotion without further irritation.
- Do not dry the skin – rather immediately apply a nourishing lotion to the wet/damp skin to further hydrate and protect the skin.
Within a week or two, you should see the upper arm skin becoming softer and smoother with less upper arm skin bumps & pimples. If the steps above does not get the results desired, we have found applying a pure essential oil like Lavender, Frankincense, or Melaleuca/Tea Tree to the skin before step 5. This can take some experimentation on which essential oil or blend of oils will give you best results. Reach out and take advantage of our experience to help with this! Reminder – sensitive skins may need the essential oil to be diluted by a carrier oil like Sweet Almond Oil. Also, be sure you are using a “real” essential oil and not a synthetic! After you have massaged the essential oil in, massage your lotion over to protect and seal moisture in.
If these skin bumps & pimples appear elsewhere on the body, the condition may be from acne or sport garments which may improve with the technique above but may benefit from different products. You can use the same general treatment as above but using an acne wash for cleansing the face, back, upper legs or buttocks. Then using the acne astringent to follow the cleansing to remove any cleanser residue and gently exfoliate. Then finish with an oil free moisturizer. Melaleuca (also called Tea Tree) oil is an excellent treatment for acneic skin and could be used before the oil free moisturizer. Again if you need help – I have a few lines of products that are clinically proven results and affordable.
Please let us know if you found this helpful. we love hearing from you and learning about your testimonials! We are here to discuss essential oils that may work best for your situation. We are not medical doctors or professionals – rather a licensed cosmetologist & esthetician with over 40 years of experience to share! You can call/text at (847) 502-8394, email at Liz@elizabethanthonygronert.com or find me on Facebook (Elizabeth Anthony Gronert). Perhaps we can be Journey Partners!